Travel content website TripAdvisor has released its 2017 rankings for the best beaches here in France and also around the world. Two French Riviera beaches - both of which are in the Var - have made the Top 10: Plage de L’Escalet in Ramatuelle and Plage de Pampelonne in Saint Tropez.
From Biarritz in the southwest to Saint Malo, Deauville and Le Touquet in the north as well as several beaches dotted around the island of Corsica, the Top 10 as voted for by TripAdvisor users features glimmering blue waters and soft sandy beaches from all over the country.
The Côte d’Azur has achieved eighth and tenth place with Plage de L’Escalet and Plage de Pampelonne respectively:
1. La Côte des Basques, Biarritz
2. Palombaggia, Porto Vecchio
3. Plage du Sillon, Saint Malo
4. Plage du Petit Sérone, Bonifacio
5. Plage de Santa Giulia, Santa Giulia
6. Plage d'Hendaye, Hendaye
7. Plage du Touquet, Le Touquet
8. Plage de L'Escalet, Ramatuelle
9. Plage de Deauville, Deauville
10. Plage de Pampelonne, Saint Tropez
The title of most beautiful beach in the world has gone to Baia do Sancho in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil.